Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:26:59 -0600
Hello,

This is my first post to lactnet, and first let me say that I have found
it very informative and helpful in my work supporting BF moms. The
recent discussion of used pumps has been very interesting also.

Some posters were wondering how it might be possible to get milk to back
up the long tubes of the Medela pumps. In my time pumping, it happened
to me twice, so it isn't that hard to do. I was pumping in a private
room but it had no furniture (aside from a chair I put there), so I had
to set my pump on the floor. In this arrangement when the bottle got too
full the milk backed up into the tube, followed the course of gravity
down to the pump on the floor.

The conditions some women have to pump in are far from ideal!

Yours,

Eva Lyford