From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 16:32:42 -0500
Speaking of movies...

Several years ago, I saw a Dutch (I think) commercial for chocolate.  The
camera *caresses* the nude torso of a beautiful woman, then settles on her
bringing her baby to breast.  The baby takes a few sucks, then screws up
his face and cries.  The mother, serene and unflustered, reaches toward a
box of chocolates, puts one in her mouth, and begins to chew.  The baby
stops crying, reattaches, and suckles happily.  What a stitch!

We were shown the commercial at a conference, to demonstrate the much less
uptight European attitude toward both nudity and breastfeeding.  Sigh.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  [log in to unmask]