From:
Rhoda Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:39:23 -0700
Dr Nair
        Thank you for your letter. I am in total agreement with you! As an
individual who works both promoting breastfeeding and defending human rights
I really appreciated your comments about this being a fundamental human
right of an infant.
       One of the greatest frustrations I experience is encountering health
care providers who do not understand this fundamental fact. They verbally
state they support breastfeeding but they are not prepared to actually take
practical action. Perhaps this is a reflection of the low value many
westerners place on children in general. In every case children's rights and
needs are subservient to the adults.
        It is the cause of tremendous sadness for many of us.
        Welcome to Lactnet and thank you again for your letter.

--"Without interest and passion nothing great has ever happened in history.
Hegel"
               Rhoda Taylor, B.A., IBCLC   Duncan, B.C., Canada--