From:
Esther Schiedel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:35:38 -0700
I'm working on a masters degree in human development and family
studies with a minor in public health at Oregon State University. I'm doing my
thesis on breastfeeding duration, use of community resources, and aspects of
social support.
As this evolves, I'm looking at (and looking to find more) questionnaires which
measure breastfeeding duration. I have gotten a few things from the archives,
but am feeling like that may be hit and miss. (Also, of course, doing literature
searches, etc.)

I'd like to hear from people (either privately or through the list--please note
it in the subject heading or I might miss it).
 if:
1) you have used questionnaires or are aware of existing ones--and any opinions
you have on them
2) there are questions or specific areas that you think should be included
on a questionnaire

I'm particularly interested in the social support issue so if you have thoughts
on that, I'd like to hear from you as well. Social support includes things like
practical support--someone who is willing to do the dishes while mom
breastfeeds.

I may end up creating a questionnaire that measures
factors known to influence breastfeeding duration and also includes
measurements of social support.

Thanks,
Esther
--