From:
"N. Fialho" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:40:26 +0100
Hi to all,
through a german breastfeeding list I had knowledge of a really bad
campaign, I already translated it into portuguese so I hope there will be
lots of international protest.
in this foto it says: "the chin from grandpa, the eyes from dad and aids
from mum"...http://michael-stich-stiftung.de/kampagne_print_popup1.htm
here it says: "same as mum - having aids" and in the text it says "the
babys get infected during birth or through breatsfeeding" >
http://michael-stich-stiftung.de/kampagne_print_popup4.htm

Seem as they dont red the new article about HIV risk and breastfeeding in
Lancet:

*Exclusive breastfeeding lowers babies' risk of postnatal infection with HIV
*<http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673607602839/fulltext>
When HIV-positive mothers breastfeed exclusively, their babies have only a
low risk of post-natal infection with HIV, but the early introduction ofanimal
milks and solid foods can increase the HIV transmission risk. New evidence
demands a revision of the present infant-feeding guidelines, according to an
article in this weeks issue

All protest mails to: [log in to unmask]

Thanks and please spread the word,

Natália