From:
vicki hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:35:18 +0200
I just need to vent to 2000 people who will understand. I just saw on
facebook, the photo album of a friend of a friend's new baby (my friend
shared on her wall a few pictures of her friend before delivering and then a
lot of photos of the baby). The baby is seen in photos being held by the
doctor, then the

?grandmother? (some woman who was not mom), then by a different woman (my
friend, who is a nurse), then in the bassinet, then held by an elderly woman
(great grandmother?).

And in every picture, the poor baby is rooting like crazy!! She's obviously
trying so hard to get to the breast, someone's breast, anyone's breast.
She's rooting on every woman who held her. Chewing on her hands, rooting her
head right into the blanket and rooting on it..

AAAAAAAAAAH I just had to scream my frustration. Such a joyous occasion for
the whole family right?  give everyone a chance to hold the baby- pass her
around!!

I wonder how long it took for the baby to finally get to mama. I wonder if
she was so frantic by that time that she wouldn't latch on. (of course
that's *assuming* mom is breastfeeding..).

and people wonder why women have difficulties breastfeeding and say that how
a woman births doesn't affect her breastfeeding experience.

Vicki hayes rn ibclc, mom of 3 boys, facebook junkie, in chipiona spain, who
admits I do not know the family in question, but if I did and was there,
would have told the family they'll get their chance later, right now the
baby needs to be skin to skin with mommy and nurse!