From:
Christie Kilduff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:11:43 -0400
I don't know that it is worth much but I noticed a HUGE difference with my
third son when I took probiotics while nursing him as a newborn.  My first
two sons were very sensitive to dairy, if I ate it, they cried all night.
With my third son, I still refrained from major dairy but could slip without
any major crying fits at night.  We were also never sick, either one of us
while everyone else in the house went through many winter illnesses.

I have recommended probiotics to many nursing mothers with colicky babies
and all have seen fantastic results.  There is also a baby powdered version
that can be added to the formula of body fed babies.  My SIL was even sent
home from the hospital with the recommendation to use it (she was a ff from
birth).  The large animal proteins in dairy are really hard on the system,
adults and newborns alike and I think that probiotics and acidophilus really
help with the digestive process.

My kids take a childrens supplement as well.

Christie.... big fan of probiotics.  lol  :)