Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 21:25:31 EDT
Valerie,

Several things in your post jump out at me and will address them in
sequence with your post.  However, I can't help but state first that if I  read
your post correctly, this little one who is on the smallish size to begin
with seems to be taking way too much per feed.  If,as you state, she takes
80-100 ml of EBM then is given an additional 120 ml of formula, this is an
enormous feeding of 6 2/3 to 7 1/3 oz.  Even if you meant to say baby takes
80-100 ml of breastmilk and then take additional formula to equal 120 ml per
feeding, 4 oz may be too much for this baby per feed.  With 3 oz or 100 ml
per feed, baby could be sated and this would be mostly breastmilk and then
likely baby would wake more often.  If in fact baby is being given 6-7- oz
per feeding this is too much per feeding and in 24 hr.  So, Valerie,
correct me if you've not written what you meant to say.