From:
The Fishers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 20:25:34 -0500
I find that even the most uaware moms seem to gain a new perspective
when I suggest to them that the doctor(s) are in their employ. Just like
a plumber I often add. I think some moms feel that their MD.s are
elevated to a different plane and beyond reproach. When I put it this
way they begin to see that yes, they do deserve satisfaction with
services rendered. I also always remind them that medical professionals
are human, they have good days and bad, clear communication in a
non-threatening way is the key to a good relationship. If the mom is
still not satisfied I suggest that she think about the possibilities of
switching doctors. Interestingly, at this point she often will
reconsider and decide that there are many qualities she likes in this
MD, and stays with them, very satisfied. So, maybe many things are a
matter of perception, and satisfaction is relative of expectation.

Victoria Fisher