From:
Pat Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:19:50 +0800
Dear Lactnetters

Just wanted to let you know that a group of
pro-breastfeeding mummies have gotten together to
create a breastfeeding calendar, featuring mummies and
their nurslings in nursing action. This is beautifully
done and commendable in terms of the effort to create
greater awareness of breastfeeding in Singapore. I'm
not sure if this has been done anywhere else in the
world, if this is a world's first? The mummies have
received no funding for this project and have
cheerfully, generously given their families' time to
this.

Today a newspaper has featured the calendar, and in
particular, a picture of a mom tandem nursing her
4-year-old and her 18-month-old. Reactions are mixed -
generally positive with some doubtful abt various
issues - the display of some areola, the tandem
nursing bit and the fact that her son is 4 and still
on the breast.

Still, we reckon that the publicity is better than no
publicity and at least it will start people
talking/thinking.

The calendar is up for sale and proceeds go to the La
Leche League. I don't intend to do a sales pitch here
on Lactnet, pls email me privately if you're
interested.

regards
Pat Chong