From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 18:32:33 +0000
Jeffrey asks whether males produce prolactin and/or oxytocin and
describes a warmth that spreads through his chest when seeing a baby
feed.  I understand that oxytocin is the hormone responsible for
orgasm in both males and females, but I wonder if he is describing
another phenomena.  I have heard Gene Cranston Anderson speak on
kangaroo care and describe a "heat pad" that seems to come into action
on the chest of both males and females during kangaroo care.  I
wonder if this is what you experience Jeffrey?  Ever tried kangaroo
care?

Ros Escott
Hobart, Tasmania
Touched by all your messages of sympathy. What a wonderful group you
are.  We had a huge ecumenical memorial service here today, as we try
to start the healing process.  There are no answers though.
Ros Escott
"In every work the beginning is the most important part,
especially in dealing with anything young and tender." Socrates