From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:39:10 -0700
I cannot speak for Dr. Sears, but I can share with you all the following,
which may shed some light on this curious issue. A few years back, Bill had
colon cancer. Like many of us, this spurred him into research, and along the
way he became an avidly health conscious eater. He now eats much differently
than he used to, and is a fan of taking nutritional supplements. I believe
he even has a book out dealing with nutritional issues. At any rate, similar
to what Jennifer speculated, it may be that his new awareness of nutritional
issues has brought him to the conclusion that DHA supplements would be good
for the breastfeeding mother, that we are not getting enough in the average
diet. I think it would be wise not to quickly read an anti-nature message
into his support of DHA.

Lisa Marasco IBCLC