From:
Sheila Angalet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 22:10:34 -0500
Calling all Breastfeeding advocates in New Jersey...

The breastfeeding legislation - Senate Substituted version of S-1212 and
A-548 is scheduled to become law next Saturday, March 15, 1997 - if Governor
Christie Whitman does not veto it.  While many that I have been in contact
with feel it would be political suicide if she did so - we cannot be so
certain she will let it pass..

We need all breastfeeding advocates and supporters to call, fax, e-mail, or
write the Governor's office (as individuals and professionals) and urge her
to publically sign this bill into law.  By doing so, she shows everyone that
the State of New Jersey supports its breastfeeding mothers and babies. and
considers breastfeeding to be an important health issue here in our state.
(What would be a more beautiful picture than the Governor surrounded by
happy, healthy, breastfed babies!)

The grass roots effort has gotten us this far.  I ask you all to contact
friends and co-workers and make the magic happen one more time.

Thank You!
Sheila Angalet
LLL-NJ