From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:34:35 -0400
Jean writes:

Strict  research finally seems to refute the Main Trial, etc. which has
provided the  rationale for decades for not bothering with prenatal,
prelactational breast  exams, and especially, nipple examinations, leaving too many
moms with "train  wrecks" waiting for LC's to try to reverse during the first
weeks  postpartum!

Outcome of Non-protractile Nipple Correction with Breast  Cups in Pregnant
Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Pharuhas Chanprapaph,  Jinda Luttarapakul, Somprasong Siribariruck,
Srisawat  Boonyawanichkul
Breastfeeding Medicine. August 2013:  408-412.

~~~ Wow this is food for thought: the intervention worked, but under the
defined conditions of assessment being done and intervention implemented by
16-20 weeks. So moms are wearing the cups for 20-24 weeks straight. Given
that  information ( and with the benefit of hindsight) I wonder if I would
have worn  them for so long ( they are not very sleek under clothing, I guess
one could  wear a bra to bed and wear them all night long?) or just had a few
tough days  after birth....conundrum.

Aside, I looked up the definition of "kingdom" and although it says  ruled
by a king or queen ( man or woman, male or female) my understanding is  that
a queen would not rule unless the king is not available. But someone with
more experience living in a place with this kind of system should comment.
In my  opinion, the rare use of the word 'queendom' renders "kingdom" a
possibly  neutral in definition, but really leading toward a male power head, a
functionally male-gender word, at least in the US. Since language is so
powerful, I try not to use it unless actually talking about the land of a
specific king. Make any sense?  Trying to Wiessingerize the rule of the  land or
the descriptor of expertise? :)

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL