From:
PHYLLIS M KOMBOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 14:53:35 -0500
-- [ From: Phyllis Kombol * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Just a quickie note to let you know that in spite of the jail nurse's
persistent efforts to block the woman's efforts at maintaining milk
supply....she was released on (reduced, I think) bond, is back with
family members and her baby and reportedly nursing fine!  I was thrilled
to get that much feedback even though I didn't get all the details.  I
grieve getting so little closure on many of the situations I work with,
it was a pleasure to get this much from the WIC people here who helped
with the continuity of care for this woman.  The pediatrician was
unhappy that the administrative MDs were not very involved in supporting
and has asked me to pass on some resources to inform them of health
issues related to breastfeeding (so we keep chipping away at HCP
misinformation a teensy bit at a time).  Phyl, RNC (still not sure I
want to claim the same professional designation with the jail nurse),
MSN, IBCLC