Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 07:26:56 -0700
Hi Debbie,

What I'm missing is the link between breastfeeding and progesterone - how do
high levels of prolactin and oxytocin result in low levels of progesterone?

Is it the lowered progesterone that contributes to impaired luteal
functioning?  Or is it the high levels of nursing hormones?

I imagine that some women just have lower progesterone levels regardless of
whether they are breastfeeding or not.  Does a mother's progesterone
production (glad I didn't have to say that out loud) decrease with age?

Ingrid