From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 22:09:17 -0400
Hi. My friend is a dentist. She recommends that they switch to another
antibiotic such as Erythromycin. Cephalexin, I believe, is a cephalosporin,
and there is often a cross sensitivity between this class and the penecillin
class. Tom Hale will perhaps comment further. My dentist friend says also
that they should just DEAL with the problem..ie take care of the
infection..and not let it drag on.  Are they sure that the baby is ok...what
is the cause of the cramps?

Could the cramps be from artificial baby milk supplement? I guess it is hard
to tell...I get a foggy picture of this situation. It does seem to my friend
the dentist however that you should be able to take care of the problem..and
get back to nursing...especially if she changes to erythromycin.  Note, in
the foggy recesses of my brain, it seems to me that there are a couple of
types of Erythromycin. ONe is specially coated and the chances of stomach
upset in mom are reduced .

Kathleen Bruce
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLL Leader (7 yrs),
Co-Owner Lactnet,  E-Mail = [log in to unmask]
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html
The fifth commandment is "humor thy father and mother"