From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2016 08:32:03 -0600
 Have heard it both ways over the years. Do use (purified) - don't use (wool). CBI research on lanolin goes back to 1977 and that article refers back to use of lanolin in ancient Egyptian times. Problems identified with lanolin are contaminants such as wool wax alcohols (first identified in 1953), detergents etc.

 Anyway, the other ref I found to lanolin were that USP anhydrous lanolin (Lansinoh, for instance) is highly purified and doesn't cause reactions in wool sensitive people. It does not have to be removed before BFing. This is why LLLI has recommended it for years.

Common sense says if she didn't react to a trial, then she can use it. I don't think being itchy from wool clothing has as much to do with allergy as it has to do with quality of yarn, the finer it is processed the better it feels.  Pat in SNJ