From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:42:40 -0500
Dear all:

Having lived in upstate New York, this winter in Manhattan is not that bad. Nevertheless, I haven't lived in Ithaca since 1991 so I am no longer habituated.  It seems as if mastitis, thrush and postpartum depression and anxiety are exacerbated by harsh winters based on the uptick in follow up visits. I actually have had more follow up visits this winter than I usually do in 2 years time.  This is probably because moms are not coming into group visits.  In years past I have always found that moms come in on the one really cold day of the year, even when I think no one will show.  This year, the giant piles of snow (some of which had been over five feet tall at the intersections where the snow plow drivers had fun) make it challenging to consider climbing w

In a moment of feeling overwhelmed but what I would normally deem moms who are suffering but am now trying to convince myself are not whiny wimps.   I complained to my dh about having to call a mom whose milk supply is in the toilet.  My dh responded with "Shouldn't it be in the refrigerator?"

Best, Susan Burger

Most of the time I do not feel like I need to go on vacation three days before I am scheduled to go, but this year I do.  Headed off for my second attempt at snowboarding -- this time with wrist guards.