From:
Riva Weissfish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:49:08 -0400
Thank you all for you timely and informative answers about the baby who suddenly lost 110 gram overnight.

I went to work the next day to find that this baby had gained 45 gram. That is about average for this baby -maybe even a bit more than avg. The Mother said that by evening the baby had calmed down, ate beautifully through the night and early morning and had an appointment to have his tongue clipped. She was then going home ( good idea, I must say!). I advised her to see a pediatrician if the baby's unsettled behavior returned or  he changed in any way.

The baby actually looks quite well and robust. Maybe the mom was nervous and tired and was not letting milk down, baby felt the tension?

I definitely learned a lot from this experience - thanks for sharing.

best wishes,

Riva Weissfish BA,CCE, IBCLC