Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:01:45 EDT
Marsha notes:

> Marsha, who's going home to celebrate my son's 18th birthday today and
> remembering those contractions 18 years ago.  Anyone else feel like me; that
> it's not just the day your child was born, as in "HIS" birthday?  It's also
> the day I experienced something extraordinary?!

Y'know, I've always thought we ought to have Mother's Day on every one of our
children's birthdays.  After all, I think we oughta get cards & presents too.
 It's fun to celebrate the child's birthday, but dag nab it, I think I oughta
get a present too!

I will tell you that my dh, Bob, sent my mother flowers one year on MY
birthday, thanking her for me.

She saved the card from those flowers until she died.  And it makes me cry
whenever I think of it.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- Wheaton IL
Lactation Education Consultants
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com