From:
Teresa Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 08:02:13 -0400
I wonder if, since the goal is to help the toddler gain more weight, they
would consider starting the mother on Domperidone or perhaps some herbs to
increase her milk production. I have suggested this to a couple of mothers
of toddlers who were not eating much food and not gaining well, and we found
they had an immediate increase in milk production and faster flow of milk.
In some of the cases, the toddlers then gained weight more quickly, in a
couple of others, the toddlers simply cut back on the amount of
breastfeeding they did. However, at that point we knew that their slow
weight gain had nothing to do with Mom not having enough milk.

None of these toddlers were ill, but I wonder if this might work for this
little one.

Teresa Pitman
Guelph, Ontario, Canada