From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 08:38:37 -0400
Hi All,
  I know, I know, not another one, but I had to say, that Laura's post
said it all - "What's so funny about that? I don't get it."
  That is the point of the whole breast and culture issue, there will
always be people (male and female) who won't get it, won't understand
either side of the issue of body image and how it relates to
breastfeeding issues.
  I think that point is to stay in the middle, try and accept that some
will not get our point, yet not give up trying to make the point. We are
a varied group, not only of women, but men, so it has to be understood
that we will have different ideas, beliefs and opinions. But I feel the
most important issue is that we should continue to work together for our
main mission - advocating, supporting and providing information on
breastfeeding.
  I also feel (personally) that the main issue is not that our culture
sees breasts as sexual, it is that it has forgotten what their original
function is. And that is what needs to be addressed.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may
not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one." Ute proverb