From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:35:35 -0600
Jodine Chase just posted this entry on her "Breastfeeding news" weblog at
http://bfnews.blogspot.com/

I don't think she's on Lactnet right now, so since we've been discussing
this author and "lactation pornography", thought I'd post this link here.

Fresh Milk: The Secret Life of Breasts
Review by Rebecca J. Davies
April 18 2003

Fresh Milk:The Secret Life of Breasts, By Fiona Giles, Allen & Unwin , 268
pp, $24.95

There can be few processes so intrinsic to the feminine psyche that have
been so publicly ignored as breastfeeding. Yet no other part of the female
anatomy has received as much attention, nor been so celebrated, scrutinised,
reviled and eulogised as the breast. It is from this glaring contradiction
that Fiona Giles's eclectic collection of oral history, biography and poetry
draws its compass. A scholar and feminist, she has sought to straddle the
gap between academic works and popular appeal.
see link for the rest of review:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/04/17/1050172695111.html

Janice Reynolds