From:
Price Pamela B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:48:26 -0600
I am looking for something I remember seeing a few years ago about the incidence of yeast or bacterial infections being increased when a mom uses a lanolin ointment on  traumatized nipples (with breaks in the skin) because of the lack of antifungal and antimicrobial properties.  Did I dream that?
Pam Price IBCLC, RLC
Lactation Services Coordinator
Women's Health
Trident Health System