From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:05:55 -0400
Dear Karen, I for one, can't understand why a person can be an LC, work as
an LC, etc and not be a member of a professional organization.  However, I
have heard some people, who get little to no income from LC work say that
the dues are pretty high when you look at it from that angle.  On the other
hand most of ththe dues is to cover cost of JHL.  I don't know how you can
call yourself an LC if you don't read each issue of JHL front to back!
And how can you be an LC and not attend local chapter meetings, state and
national meetings and educational offerings?  I realize this is a
geographical/family/work problem  for some, but if you can't get to
meetings the least you can do is subscribe to JHL!  Just my thoughts.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ