Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:10:33 -0500
Just reading through your explanation, Heather, points out how disempowering most "giveaway" programs are to people in general, no matter what the situation.  They are only temporary solutions for big problems that have deep roots.  Having tried to help family members in a far away state who encounter hospital discouragement and downright sabotage for breastfeeding as well as prejudice (mom is Hispanic and therefore we just know she won't care if we give formula, PLEASE!), I am just crazy wishing I could transport through the telephone to help them and string up some hospital employees!  This is not to criticize all hospitals, but if there are no consequences for wrong behavior, wrong messages and wrong information, how will they ever get better?