From:
Anne Hinze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:24:28 -0400
Please contact me off-list. (permission to post)

looking for very compassionate and patient LC in the Denver-Thornton area to work with
Mom and 3 week old baby who will not latch. Mom has seen 3 LCs who have told her to
give up trying and just pump. There is a possibility of a short frenulum although mom
says the pediatrician said it wasn't in need of clipping (but as I can't see the baby I'm only
passing on information that the mother gave me).

Baby was born after 30+ hours- mom said the birth was traumatic. I suspect after talking
to her tonight that there may have been some birth injury or trauma as she said the baby
has been aggressive about latching (aggressive non-nurser) from the beginning. Baby has
latched once and that was in the hospital. Mom is pumping exclusively and giving 6-8 oz
ABM as a supplement daily (2, 3-4 oz bottles at night).

Mom desperately desires to have the experience of breastfeeding and really needs
someone to help and encourage her. (she has attended a local LLL meeting). She says
she has symptoms of ppd and has called her dr. to discuss this.

(Mom is an R.N. and will be returning to work in the next few weeks)

I've suggested lots of skin to skin and for mom to research a rebirthing bath. She's very
motivated to find a solution.

thanks in advance,

Anne Hinze
who just returned from Disney where she had to stand in line to get a spot in the nursing
room to feed 9 month old wyatt. The room was full!!!