Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:12:07 GMT
Has anyone read "A SOCIAL HISTORY OR WET NURSING IN AMERIC: From breast to
bottle" by Janet Lynne Golden, publixhed in 1996??  It sounds interesting, but
you can't always tell.  I woud appreciate a private email, or, if you think of
interest, to the list.

On simsilar topic, I mentioned some  books recently and Karen Foard asked about
the Fildes book(s).  I tried and tried to email her back, but it keeps being
returned, so I am senidn info I have on the two titles to the list.  These are
rathe rdry and academic in style, but Ihave enjoyed reading and re-reading them
a lot.

"Breast, Bottles and Babies" (paperback)  I ordered through a UK bookstore
about 3 years ago.  Don't know if still in print. (published 1986)  ISBN: 0
85224 462 2  Edinburgh University Press

" Wet Nursing:  A History from Antiquity to the Present" (hard cover) is out of
print in this country.  I found my copy (having previously read in a UK library)
in a second hand bookshop in Berkeley, California.  Basil Blackwell are the
publishers, ISBN:  0 631 15831 6.

Both by Valerie Fildes.

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter