From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:12:25 +0100
We had a Dr in the UK, who was known for prescribing strange things for
common illnesses.  The local pharmacy knew of his oddities, and
commented upon them, and so did the HV, and the nurses, and others.

He regularly prescribed drinking coal tar shampoo for stomach ailments.

After nearly two decades, he was finally invesitgated... and wasn't a Dr
at all.  And everyone who had known he'd prescribed odd things said "We
knew there was something wrong..."  And everyone said "And it isn't it
awful he was never challenged, even though we knew he was doing strange
things".

But no one challenges Drs.  And another Dr in the UK, knew this, and
worked upon it for a couple of decades also... and his name was Dr
Shipman.  And when he was finally sentanced to prison for routinely
murdering his elderly patients, everyone said "We knew there was
something wrong...."

I'm aware that different cultures exist in all the various nationalities
to be found in here... and these ae extreme examples... but if you know
there is something wrong... you do have to speak up, just in case it's a
lot more wrong that you could possibly think.

Morgan Gallagher