From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 12:41:11 -0400
Elisheva said....
"But it is also true that for most humans, if you don't have a specific -- in
this case, research-driven -- reason for how you should be doing something,
intuition tells us to keep doing it the way it has always been done."

I agree with you Elisheva....and the thing is that in the span of time, of
millenium, the change from breastfeeding to bottlefeeding/formula feeding
has occurred relatively quickly, if you look at the timeline of human
existence and experience.

If we are looking at doing things that work consistently, breastfeeding is
the obvious choice, in my mind. Not arguing..just reflecting.

It is amazing to me how eager mothers now  are to put layers between
themselves and the reality of childbirth and childrearing...and so sad.
McBirth. McBreastfeeding...Quick and dirty.

Sick, coming down with a cold, and letting my true despondency come out.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
Williston, Vermont
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html