From:
Lisa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:53:14 -0400
When my first daughter was born prematurely, the NICU there in the 70" would
use EBM from mothers who had a bunch if your baby ran out.
My second daughter was extremely allergic to all formula ( early 80's) I was
active duty and was sent out of state away from her. The local Le Leche
Group brought donated milk to my caregivers home to feed my baby while I was
gone.
My third daughter  and my nephew started pitching a fit to be fed while I
and my breastfeeding sister in law were in the barn. My other sister in law
who was also nursing at the time and watching the kids couldn't get a hold
of us and just promptly "plugged" our two on.
 WHile times and diseases have changed this picture somewhat, I never had a
problem with using shared milk. While I did have a moments hesitation at the
thought of my baby nursing actively at another"s breast, the end point was
my babies were fed with the best and by the best of intentions.
Too bad we can no longer be so free with our support.