Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:40:54 -0600
Dear Colleagues:
Re : Doctors and Medications

As with many of you, I too received hundreds and hundreds of calls
concerning medications, so many that my departmental secretaries are having
to screen them to some degree. But I must admit more and more are coming
 from concerned physicians and nurse practitioners who are heeding the
request from their patients that they consult someone concerning a
medication.

Five years ago this seldom happened,  but now more and more physicians are
willing to heed their patient's request to sustain breastfeeding, and are
willing to seek help.

I am heartened by this fact.  Just this week, an LC called with 2 residents
and an attending in her office, to discuss antihypertensive treatment of a
difficult case.  This is becoming more and more common.

So I can tell you that changes are coming, and you are making a difference.

Warmest Regards

Tom Hale