Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:39:47 +0000
>Another terrible article with inaccurate information and inexpert 'experts'.
>
>Is Breast Really Best for Baby?
>Friday, March 2, 2007
>
><http://www.lifescript.com/channels/healthy_living/Womens_Health/is_breast_really_best_for_baby.asp?page=1>

Truly appalling rubbish in that article , but the quote you have here
is the worst, Margaret:

>  (Remember, stress shows up in the body hormonally and
>neurochemically and gets passed along to the baby via breast milk.)

I have never heard this, not even from the most awful myth-makers,
and it seems to me to be an utterly poisonous thing to say to mothers
- what new mother is not stressed some of the time, and why can she
not know that bf actually reduces her stress, and have we *any*
evidence *whatsoever* that neurological and hormonal effects of
stress damange the breastmilk or the baby in any way at all?

It seems to me that the journo who wrote this (and I am a journo in
the day job) has been given a brief to say something different from
the usual and to deliberately seek out someone who will say something
against bf (though that particular quote is not even attributed).
I have emailed them, anyway.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK