From:
Jodi-beth McCain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:32:25 -0400
My wife (jodi-beth) asked me to post this question. We will be traveling
for her work with Habitat for Humanity Intl. to Manila (4 days) and the
island of Bohol in the Philippines (1 day), Negomobo, Sri Lanka (10 days),
and Bangkok (3 days). She is nursing our 18 month old and her doctor has
recommended that all of us take lariam based on CDC guidelines.

While we are hoping to obtain information about the specific risk of malaria
in these places from other sources, we are hoping members of this list can
give some opinions on giving lariam to toddlers and/or nursing while taking
lariam.

We have both worked for many years in Bolivia and are aware that most
international workers in the Bolivian tropics did not take lariam because of
its reputation for side-effects.

Doug Hertzler