From:
Maureen Minchin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 00:29:25 +1100
I agree with Margery. Forget the dropped initials: it's simply irritating.
And it makes not the slightest difference to your legal liability, unless
it gets to the point where no one can possibly fathom what you are
referring to. In which case why bother writing about the product at all?

As I understand it, the logic is simple.
1) If what you write can damage an identifiable product, the manufacturer
may be annoyed; but almost certainly will not sue if what you write is
clearly your own opinion and truthful, reasonable, professionally
expressed. We are entitled to our opinions.
2) If what you write about cannot be identified no one can sue, but then
you shouldn't bother writing because no one knows what you're referring to.

3) If what you write is untrue, gratuitously insulting, damaging,
unprofessional, unreasonable: you shouldn't be on Lactnet and you deserve
to be sued!

Correct me if I'm wrong...
Maureen

Maureen Minchin, IBCLC
5 St, George's Rd., Armadale Vic 3143 Australia
tel/fax after March 1: 61.3.95094929 or 95000648