From:
J C Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:40:26 GMT
Hi All,

My dh found this address on the internet-Betsy Hart works for  Scripps
Howard News and her editor is Sue Porter- email address-
For anyone who missed my original post about the article  I will e-mail
again.

Dear Ms Porter,

Please foward this letter to your Columnist Betsy Hart

Dear Ms. Hart,

I am writing to you about your editorial column of July 19, 1997
titled "California allows Moms to breast-feed anywhere". Calling
the wonderful people who protect, promote and encourage
breastfeeding   "Nazis"  is both hurtful and ignorant.  You say that
you think breastfeeding is wonderful, in fact, you did it yourself.
Did this mean that you went into hiding?  I think it is a tragedy
that women have been made to feel that they should hide this behavior or
that anyone would be offended by "seeing" a woman breastfeed.
Breastfeeding is an important health care issue and it should be
encouraged.  I long to live in a society where breastfeeding is  seen for
what it is-a simple, clean and  nutritious way to nurture our children.
Anywhere, anytime.  Please rethink your attitude toward breastfeeding.
Your mother is right, breastfeeding  IS  sacred and should be revered by
ALL  of society and  NOT   hidden in some
back room as your article suggests.

Sincerely,

Jane C. Crotteau