From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:15:18 -0700
Emily, I think the point linda was trying to make is
that Micheal Jordon's mother made an impression on her
clients because she was *like them*.  Tiger Woods,
John Glenn and Alan Shepard grew up in privilage, or
at least not poverty.  We have to appeal to the women
who are trying to get ahead in order to make
breastfeeding more appealing.  IF we always show women
of means and comfort breastfeeding, the women in the
lowest economic rungs will not make the connection
that we are talking to them.