Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 14:24:30 -0400
Well, if the majority of babies are, in any case, taken away from the
mothers in any case, isn't it worth a tiny risk to encourage them to
breastfeed and maybe, just maybe, have them connect, attach, bond, love
their babies?  Huh?  Don't we just get on our high horses and tsk tsk these
mothers and tell them they can't breastfeed when we also know that they have
been abusing throughout the pregnancy.  Give the mothers and the babies a
chance, for goodness sake.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC