Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:33:54 +0000
>Baby seemed to latch and nurse well, behave normally,
>passed meconium quickly, peed plenty in hospital, home on day 3.
>Baby stopped pooping and nearly stopped peeing at 5 days, doctor
>didn't seem concerned, said nurse more, baby lost nearly two lbs by
>day 9, was hospitalized for dehydration.

Halle - all this points to a baby who was not transferring milk
effectively (or at all???). I think the active word is 'seemed to'
latch and nurse well.  Who saw him feed? Who saw him take the breast?
My guess would be he has never fed well...far, far more likely than
any hormone issue or effect of diet.

Now he and his mother need to work on positioning and attachment,
with skilled help and support,  and plenty of opportunities for
prolonged skin to skin contact, alongside the measures you outline in
your post.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK