From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:19:04 -0800
Re: Milk Ejection Reflex--I don't remember recently reading anything in the
LN discussion but I may have missed it.  Back in my LLL Leader years, we
used to suggest that any article of baby's clothing (one worn for a long
enough period) could be used to trigger MER through scent/olfactory
stimulation.  The Olfactory senses are the strongest sense in most people,
so...  My approach has always been one that starts with the least invasive
and least likely to cause iatrogenic problems.  This includes the use of
photos, massage, scents, deep breathing, homeopathy, herbs, and then if
necessary, allpathic pharmacologic prescriptions.  Part of this philosophy
comes from practicing in Oregon with a population that DEMANDS these types
of treatments.  I also spend a huge amount of time with my patients and that
includes a whole lot of unreimbursed care.
--
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  [log in to unmask]   541-753-7340;
mom/wife/educator/lactation consultant/ scientist/ researcher/ organic