From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2014 15:21:44 -0400
Dear listmembers,

As of May 4, at 00:42, my first grandchild, Jim, came into this world. His
name is James Latimer Bruce Shirley, and he is doing swimmingly, thank you
all for asking. He is as cute as a button, at 6lb 10 oz, and is much like
his mother as he has a very calm and sweet temperment. He cries if he needs
something but otherwise not much at all. He loves everyone, and is happy if
he is near his beloved father and mother, and is also happy with us, his
Papa and Babi, as second stringers. His clothes are pretty big, as when we
were spinning (me) and knitting (Em) we overestimated his size...but he
will grow quickly, and they will be used. For now, we will roll sleeves and
knit small hats quickly to fit his dear little head.

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers, Grandmother's, Great grandmothers,
and to everyone who has a dear mother, and especially to those who help
mothers and babies every day as I have done for the past 30+ years.

I have learned a lot. Mothers are not perfect. They are human beings. They
make errors. They goof up. They do wonderful work, and sometimes they are
too tired to do the best job they could have, but they do better the next
day. Mothering is a hard job, but one well worth doing. I have loved my job
of mothering my own three girls, and of now helping my daughter grow into
her own style of mother with her little boy Jim and with her lovely husband
by her side.

 I remember those days of new motherhood with much love .. my husband Jamie
was and is the best father in the world...and now will be the best Papa in
the world.

 I remember how intense it was and I am glad I am the grandma now... seeing
things from a different viewpoint. Time moves on... Glad to be a Babi
(Polish) for Grandmother. Be well, and take time to smell the roses... I
especially, speaking of roses, appreciate those of you who help me by
monitoring our list for technical issues and by keeping it going when I
have had my mind elsewhere and am not paying attention as fully as I
sometimes do to the day to day list goings on. Lactnet was born in 1995
when I had an idea to put professionals in touch with other professionals
so that more mothers could breastfeed and mother through breastfeeding.
This was all pre Face Book, pre twitter, etc. It was the first time where
the internet could be used for this type of communication, and this form
has been eclipsed in speed and glitter, it remains a child that i am proud
of.

Love, Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN,  IBCLC

-In Home Lactation Consults, N. Vermont.
-Spinners,Knitters,Weavers Housecleaning Pages
www.kbbspin.org
- Lactnet, Listserv list for lactation professionals

Williston, Vermont USA
Call or text (802) 578 6841