Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:26:18 EST
The problem isn't what YOU set your AOL text to, the problem seems to be if
you have opened an e-mail that is goofy colors (you know, the nasty 'hotmail'
junk) just ahead of it.  You have to double check your colors then, because
although you may not see it on your screen, it may come out badly on someone
elses.  So, if you've just opened a colored e-mail (in more than one sense of
the word) just before opening & responding to Lactnet, check your color
parameters.

<< I checked my own parameters in case I was accidentally doing it, and mine
are
 set to black on white. If AOL users don't know it, AOL has added some neat
 things to your email system to change the type font, size and background and
 text colors. It's fine for sending a birthday card (my daughter sent me one
 that actually changed colors as you read it!!) but please check when sending
 letters to Lactnet that it is set to whitebackground with black text (look
 under format).

 Let's hope we solve this color dilemma soon. >>

Jan B -- who learned the hard way.