From:
Kelly Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:03:51 -0500
Hello everyone. I've never posted before and since I have trouble with the
archives, I'd like to ask a question.

Can anyone tell me about bone loss that some mothers experience when nursing
beyond six months? An Associated Press story reports about a study that
showed this. I had never heard this and would perceive this as one of those
stories that is negative about nursing.

If anyone can shed more light on the study or how significant this is,
please let me know. I have our health editor on hold before she just blindly
sticks this in the newspaper.

Thanks very much. I've learned a lot here.

Kelly Griffith

Manatee County (Fla.) Breastfeeding Task Force member
Features Editor/Bradenton (Fla.) Herald