From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:17:07 -0700
We use it (the plastic nipple package with nipple screwed on top of it)
only when we run out of the solid caps. The caps cost extra and can't be
ordered from the same source as the volufeeds or gradufeeds. Every time we
set a mom up with a pump, we include 10 gradufeeds, caps, and preprinted
personal labels from the pharmacy. We don't have an in-house milk bank.
Each mom's milk goes to her own baby.

> One of our NICUs uses this method  (plastic package over the bottle =
> nipple) and the fat tends to cling to the plastic. For those NICU moms =
> who have tons of extra milk to store, this is something to consider. Not =
> my favorite way to see donor milk come in to the milk bank.=20
>
> Kay Rybiski, RNC, IBCLC
> Mothers' Milk Bank @ Austin

--- Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC