Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:07:21 EDT

Thank you Morgan!
I could not agree more.
In fact, even though I live in the Deep, (Very Deep) South, I really like
the posters and would LOVE to see them plastered all over my little college
town.
Honestly, why do we think nothing of a wet T-shirt contest at a local
college party? Why do we think nothing of the cheerleaders fundraising car wash  and
all those young women hanging out, jumping up and down with car wash signs
along a busy thoroughfare?
Why? because in the 1960s and 1970s our sisters, aunties, parents, kids,
started baring it all and making no apologies to the social status keepers of
their time.
We think nothing of seeing reality TV with young unmarried couples jumping
in and out of bed with each other - can you believe that it has only been a
little over 20 years since even married couples on American TV slept in single
beds?
The best way to tackle this societal disapproval is head on. Let's get
images like these out there so when the next generation of young mothers are
having their babies it is a non-issue.
In the meantime we can continue to help the young mothers of today find  ways
of breastfeeding that makes them feel safe, secure, and not  threatened.

Laura Wright

, BA, LLLL, IBCLC, RLC, CLE
TOLL FREE  BREASTFEEDING HELP IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY
CALL 877 4 LA LECHE (877 452  5324).