Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:30:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/99 10:52:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I suspect the mechanism may be the same as
 with digit sucking.  It really made me wonder about the breastfed babies we
 all have known who just hang on the breast and want to nurse all night.  Are
 they using the breast the same way?  I never have believed organisms do
 things just for the hell of it.  There is almost always a reason for
 behavior. >>
Perhaps this is also related to those Michelin-baby legged, doing-great,
breastfed babes who finish nursing, are full, take themselves off, refuse to
mouth at different times when they are drowsy or actually sleeping. These
babies grow amazingly well, look like little Budhhas as infants... just
musing,
Judy LeVan Fram, Brooklyn, NY