From:
Liz Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:52:37 -0400
I had an intriguing conversation once with a new grandmother, herself a breastfeeder "back in the day".  She was *very* close to her daughter.  Daughter had, I think, had a miscarriage at some point.  Daughter got pregnant again, and [Grand]mom had been supportive through the long (and emotional) pregnancy.   [Grand]mom assisted in the very long, hard delivery of the baby.  She was, as you can imagine, overwhlemed with love and emotion for her own daughter, and her brand new grandchild.  She was mortified when she looked down on her shirt to see the undeniable circles of honest-to-gawd leaking milk.  Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLCWyndmoor, PA, USA