From:
Julia Scaletta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:48:11 -0500
I received a call from a WIC Nutritionist regarding a pregnant woman she was
working with. The woman told her that she was scared to breastfeed this baby
because she had a seizure while breastfeeding her first child. The OB told
her it was caused by the breastfeeding & she should stop immediately. She
did not breastfeed her second child because of this. Has anyone ever heard
of this? I can't think of any way that breastfeeding could cause a seizure.
I can't find anything in the literature on this. I think it's just another
case of a someone blaming something on breastfeeding because they don't know
the cause.
Julia in cloudy Eden, NC