From:
Lyla Wolfenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:39:31 -0700
Greetings friends and colleagues,

I just finished an interview with Colin Fogarty at OPB radio regarding the
breastfeeding at the pool issue that came up at the Jim Parsley Center here
in Vancouver Washington.  The issue has been resolved beautifully, and
Colin created a show about it.  The show will air tomorrow, Friday Oct 10
at 4:30 PM Pacific time.  It is available on Oregon Public Broadcasting
Radio which in the Portland Area is 91.5.  There is also a live-stream
audio broadcast on the OPB web site at www.opb.org   at the same time
tomorrow, and that audio will be available on an onging basis, if you don't
get a chance to catch it live.  I have no idea how the entire show is
presented, but I will be listening and I hope many of you all will
too!  Thanks for all the input, support and advocacy many of you have
provided regarding this issue!

I have pasted below the notice that the Jim Parsley Center sent out to the
lifeguards and staff conveying the new policy that arose out of this
issue.  It is a tremendous response and could serve as a model when future
such issues come up.

Lyla Wolfenstein, B.S., IBCLC, RLC
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone:  (360) 281-4719